News & Notes
- Inside Haven – The Cast Talks Season 5, Episode 18
- Revisiting Haven interviews with writers Brian Millikin and Nick Parker, and Speed Weed. LOTS of season 5B info directly from the Haven writers.
- ICYMI – Revisiting Haven on-set interviews about season 5B with cast and crew, including Emily Rose, Lucas Bryant, Jayne Eastwood and Richard Donat, Glenn Lefchak, Shawn Piller and more.
- Reminder – Visit Syfy.com for lots of Haven goodies, including Inside Haven, Haven Origins, Fun Facts, and Guide to the Troubles.
(1) Mara’s father was banished into the Void for experimenting with Aether.
(2) Croatoan is pulling Troubles out of people.
(3) Croatoan is the No Marks Killer.
(4) Croatoan feeds off the Troubles.
(5) Mara’s father is Croatoan.
(6) Croatoan has been going around mind-wiping folks.
(7) Croatoan is mad at what was done to Mara.
- Why did the No-Marks killer leave the woman alive?
- Dave/Vince really should go with weapons when trying to save folks.
- Gloria is Jack of all Trades. Haven’s go to person. LOVE IT.
- I want that ability to just stare a person down to do what I want.
- How accurate is Gloria’s explanation of memory loss detection? Sounded medically plausible
- So Mara was angry daddy aka Croatoan was banished, but William was scared of the evil
- The Lovers card….Nathan probably wishes he said Audrey first. =)
- Kudos to Shawn Pierce for that score music in the background when the Aether was being turned into the core.”
- Dave, Gloria, and Vince lost time in the last 24 hours?! But, but…why?
- So now Nathan, Audrey, and Dwight have a ring. Hmmm.
- What happened to Seth?! (note: Brian Millikin assured fans he was okay on Twitter)
- Audrey: “So what are we supposed to do, wave our arms a bit and “poof” we’ve converted the Aether?”
Charlotte: “If only it were that easy. This is just the first step and it’s just a theory. Truth is, I’ve never even seen this much Aether before, much less controlled it. I believe we can condense all this Aether into a single form. And that will be the first piece in creating a new Barn.”
Audrey: “A new Barn? I thought the Barn was designed to kill everyone with a Trouble?”
Charlotte: “It was, but our new Barn, it’ll be a cure. People don’t have to die. You don’t have to leave Haven with it.”
Audrey: “That’s great.”
Charlotte: “Don’t start celebrating yet. I never said it was going to be easy.”
- Nathan: “Wish we still had a database. It would be much easier if we had contact with the outside world.”
- Seth: “Okay. Well, technically a shortcut is defined as time spent travelling, so when you’re driving with expired plates and no insurance and a van that doesn’t go over 50, then avoiding cop-infested interstates is a shortcut. And, you know, may I add that we made it, so maybe we shouldn’t be complaining.”
- Seth: “I don’t know dude, is he supposed to be wearing a wizard’s hat?”
- Dwight: “Well that sucks. Think it was a trouble?”
Nathan: “Sometimes in this town you forget about plain old bad luck.” *Dwight grunts in pain and lifts his shirt to inspect the injury* “Damn! Where’d you get that?”
Dwight: “It’s weird. Not sure. Hurts like hell.”
Nathan: “You know these, uh, these women from other worlds, they’re…they’re not like other girls” *Nathan laughs* “Maybe you’re not cut out for it.”
Dwight: “Oh, yeah? About that…You and Audrey, her never aging, do you…do you ever worry about…Do you think Charlotte and I can make it work?”
Nathan: “I think if you’re asking then you already know the answer.”
- Gloria: “But I don’t even know if this thing’s safe to use anymore. Who wants to go first?”
- Audrey: “I just feel like we’re spinning our wheels. Are we going about this Aether thing all wrong?”
Charlotte: “I don’t know. Mara knew what she was doing, but she learned everything from her…”
Audrey: “her father? My father?”
Charlotte: “He was a great scientist. He had an incredible mind. But his research, he went too far. And when the others discovered what he had done, he was banished to the Void forever. He died there. It was a long time ago.
Audrey: “But why? Why did they banish him?”
Charlotte: “He became obsessed with his research. He began experimenting with forces beyond his control.”
Audrey: “With the Aether from the Void?”
Charlotte: “Yeah. To my people, Aether is like, Oh what is the equivalent here? Plutonium. Powerful, and in the right hands can do wonderful things, but can also destroy everything.”
Audrey: “Well then we better not screw this up. Come on.”
- Dwight: “After she did the reading, the fortune teller lost time.”
Audrey: “Okay, so we know he’s behind this Trouble, but who is this No-Marks Killer, and why is he after us.”
Dwight: “Don’t know, but he’s connected to the lost colony of Roanoake. But that was hundred’s of years ago.Everybody there disappeared. The only thing left was a warning carved in a tree: “Croatoan” – whatever that means. Vince and Dave said they saw it here, too.”
Charlotte: “I’m sorry, did you just say “Croatoan?”
Dwight: “Yeah. Why, what is it?”
Charlotte: “It isn’t a warning, it’s a name. A monster.”
Audrey: “A monster.”
Charlotte: “He is to the Void what your Satan is to hell. Aether – it’s a part of him. After your father was banished there, I think Croatoan killed him.
Dwight: “When we opened the door in the cave he must have come through. Croatoan is the No-Marks Killer.”
- Charlotte: “I’m telling you, Croatoan shouldn’t have been able to leave the Void.”
Dwight: “It doesn’t matter how; he did, and he’s here, killing troubled people and leaving a black stain in their eyes.”
Audrey: “Maybe that’s Aether. Maybe he’s pulling Troubles out.”
Dwight: “With a shroud around town, Haven’s a feeding ground. Okay, we know who he is, but how the hell do we get rid of him?”
Charlotte: “We already have the answer: the new Barn. The way it’ll work, it’ll send everything that came from the Void back to where it belongs, including the Troubles and Croatoan. It’ll take care of both of them at the same time.
Audrey: “You guys…He knows. He knows who we are and what we’re doing here. It’s why he’s targeting us with this Trouble.”
Dwight: “Okay, you two need to get back to work, fast. I’ll stay here, guard the tunnel in case he comes back.”
- Duke: “It means we’re too late. My answers are buried in that grave.
Seth: “Come on, dude, you don’t know that.”
Duke: “Yeah. Yeah, I do. Because this has turned out like everything else I’ve ever done in Haven. I don’t know what the hell I was expecting.”
- Audrey: “Maybe we’re going about it the wrong way. Okay. When I controlled those men made out of Aether, it was because I was about to lose Nathan.”
Charlotte: “We should be able to replicate that result. It’s science.”
Audrey: “No. It was about emotion. We need to focus on what we’re feeling; on what we want.”
Charlotte: “And why we need to condense it down.”
Audrey: “And what we’ll lose if we don’t. This place, these people, the ones we love…each other.”
Audrey: “Think about that.”
*Charlotte and Audrey control the Aether to create the Aether core*
Charlotte: “We did it – the Aether core! The first piece in the new Barn. But our tarot cards, what did we draw?”
Audrey: “I drew a moon, something about becoming an illusion. And yours…was the Lovers. About a couple coming back together. Think that’s a fate that you can handle?” *Charlotte looks disturbed at hearing that* “What is it? Charlotte, what’s wrong?”
Charlotte: “It’s nothing, I, um…We should go. Come on.”
- Charlotte: “Dwight!”
Dwight: “Ladies! Always a pleasure.” *Charlotte & Audrey try to free him* “Stop, no – it’s no use. It’s the tarot card. If I struggle, it gets tighter.”
Charlotte: “I need you to take this and go.”
Audrey: “No, we’re not splitting up. We have no idea what these new cards will do to us.”
Charlotte: “That’s why you need to go now before anything else happens. Dwight’s in danger. I am staying with him. It has to be you. Hide it. Someplace safe. Please?
Dwight: “Well, you really will stay with me when I’m old and helpless.”
Charlotte: “I wanted to.”
Dwight: “What? What do you mean? What are you doing? Wait. Charlotte? Charlotte where are you going? Wait! Charlotte wait!!”
- Gloria: “Okay. Bert, Ernie, I got something, but I’m a doctor not a magician.
- Lainey: “It’s now or never. What will it be?”
Nathan: “If there’s one thing I know about us, we’d do anything for this place. So, with everything we’ve done for Haven over the years, what fate have we earned?” *Lainey pulls a card*: “Judgement. Is that bad?”
Lainey: “Not with the question you asked. As long as your cause is just, it means you can overcome any obstacle.”
- Croatoan: “Leaving?”
Charlotte: “I thought you were dead. But when I heard what was happening to people, it all started to come together.
Croatoan: “How did you know I would come for you?”
Charlotte: “My tarot card. The lovers.”
Croatoan: “So, you’re one of them, now?”
Charlotte: “They’re good people. I’m staying here with them. Why don’t you come out where I can see you?”
Croatoan: “You think that after all these years, after all that waiting, you can goad me into a mistake?”
Charlotte: “You’re not strong enough. Not yet.”
Croatoan: “And you think that means you can stop me?”
Charlotte: “I think you do.”
Croatoan: “You turned the Aether that you found into something. Give it to me.
Charlotte: “No, it’s too late. Audrey has it. My daughter Audrey.
Croatoan: “Good. I’ve been looking forward to meeting her.
Charlotte: “That will never happen.” *Charlotte goes to stab Croatoan*
- Mystery man: You want answers, don’t you Duke? Want to know what it is you really are?”
Mystery man: “Well, friend, it is your lucky day. ‘Cause I’m going to tell you.”
- Audrey: “No…No!..No..No.”
Charlotte: “My girl. I am so glad I got to know you.”
Audrey: “Don’t. Don’t…”
Charlotte: “I’m sorry. Just when you needed me, but…”
Audrey: “Shhhh. Listen, you’re going to be okay, alright? You brought me back for a reason. And I’m so glad you did.”
Charlotte: “Audrey. The new Barn – it’s the only way to stop him. He’s furious about what we did to Mara.”
Audrey: “I-I don’t understand.”
Charlotte: “I thought that Croatoan killed my husband, but I was wrong. My husband became the monster. Croatoan is Mara’s father. Your father. He has plans for you.”