Plug: Trying to do a Spreecast Sunday October 20th 9|8c to discuss our favorite show and this episode in particular. I will be your hostess with the … well I’ll be your host. 🙂 Send any questions, comments, or even just your love for Kate Kelton/Jordan to me at email@example.com or leave a Discovering Haven VM at (702) 625-0021. We’ll read them on air and I’ll try and send a link to Kate for her to see how much her fans love her. If we can get this to work, we’ll start doing them immediately after the show airs on the east coast. Our own version of “Talking Bad.” 🙂
Back to your regularly schedule reaction post:
Fans across the world are still reeling from last night’s episode of Haven. While props must be given to writer (and co-showrunner) Matt McGuinness for an epic episode, the honor of Kudos goes solely to Kate Kelton, who is gone too soon.
Kudos Kate Kelton!
It feels like we’re reliving the loss of Claire all over again but 10x worse because we see her die! I’ve talked about it in the past how Kate does an amazing job at just putting you through the ringer emotionally. You just can’t seem to feel one way about her for long. This episode is a great example. You start off mad at her because she’s trying to kill Lexie/Audrey, tortures Vince, and is cunningly ruthless in trying to get Audrey to kill Nathan. But at the end she redeems herself and you feel for her because she realizes she had become a monster. *tear*
Then out of nowhere, Wade Crocker goes and snuffs her out and your heart aches at her death because here is yet another man who has used and abused her. 🙁
Kate we will miss you on Haven nights but we are thankful that you returned this season at all. All the best in your future projects. At least we can see her in the new Lincoln Ford commercial. Don’t forget us as you go onto bigger things. You’re always welcome to join us at the Spreecast or leave a VM too. 😉
Clearly there is good reason Duke did not want Wade to know about the family secret. Christian Camargo your descent into badness/evil was appropriately creepy. I was on the fence about you before but for you to take away our favorite tazer?! Know that the fandom is coming after you in our heads.
We got backstory!! And nothing I would have imagined. He activated and then later on killed Duke’s father! And he recognizes the bad thing he did. Good intentions and all that. He may have cared about Sarah but he was married. Huh. What is his trouble though?!
Duke & Audrey
It is great that Duke knows and that Audrey has someone to help her in this pretend to be Lexie thing. Their friendship is one of the great relationships of the show. Great friends know each other and I’m happy to see them reunited.
Duke & Nathan
BOY! This relationship has come so far and no more so than seeing Nathan ask Duke to take care of Lexie when he’s gone. OR when Nathan trusted Duke enough to let him go handle Wade. OR when Duke wanted to help Nathan so he could watch his back. This is a bromance. 🙂
Nathan & Audrey
The cat is out of the bag! Nathan knows Lexie is Audrey!!
I admit I thought it would be another episode before he found out but when the writers are right, they are right. Duke did say he was going to figure it out and warned her to stay away. This is much more realistic.
And we know Audrey wouldn’t shoot Nathan to end the Troubles. She was pretty adamant about that. Well played Jordan in trying to back Audrey into a corner and trying to convince her that if he’s going to die anyway, it might as well be for something. But a fail mostly. I mean she was going to take her chances on Nathan turning to stone rather than end them.
So Nathan’s a little upset that she had been lying to him. Audrey’s really upset that she’s back in the position of having to kill him to end the troubles.
Here’s my thinking on this. Both Nathan and Audrey love each other. They’ve told others and they both know that they love each other even if only Audrey has said it. I’m not sure I agree with Audrey about this being her choice. It’s his life and he is willing to sacrifice it. It’s both of theirs and she took his choice away, when she walked into that barn. But what would happen if Nathan had died during those 27 years? I mean anything could have happened. Now she’s out and the choice is before them again and she’s not trying to hear it still. They will always and forever be at an impasse. What Audrey doesn’t seem to realize is that the Guard will kill Nathan anyway if things don’t seem to be progressing in the Lexie falls for Nathan plan. How do you get around that?
Nathan is in a dark place, self-sacrificing because of guilt, is pretty dark. Audrey hasn’t been back long enough to see that though. Here’s to hoping she can help him with that.
They at least got a part of the big conversation out of the way though. Nathan messing with the plan for her to go away. Now…what about James? 🙁 I’m sad for that convo.
- I LOVE GLORIA! More Gloria please 😀
- Did you know that Vikki is actually John Dunsworth’s (Dave Teagues) daughter in real life?
- The behind the scenes for this week features the show’s composer. I’ve been waiting for this vid for ever. I think what Shawn Pierce does is brilliant and adds to the episodes. Did you notice that the music during Audrey’s ILY is the same as when Audrey and Nathan kissed in the S3 finale? And the other music that we relate to Nathan & Audrey (from their kiss in Business as Usual played when Nathan and Duke were talking about Duke being there for Lexie when he was gone?
- Officer Rafferty is back and she has more than one line!! Nice to see you again. 🙂 (played by Lucas Bryant’s wife aka Kirsty Hinchcliffe).
- Duke passing off holding the phone to Nathan by saying “All you buddy.” HA!
- Wade, Jordan, and the glove….freaky. lol.
- A clean, trouble-free school. MAN, I wanted to punch the school principal. Good throwback to the Rev though.
- I liked the relationship between Jordan and Vince as little we saw of it.
- Haven does a pretty good job of sticking to the real time but this is a tv show and you have to allow for the stretching of time. 🙂
- I love how Haven always brings things back to past episodes and characters.
- Btw, Duke is terrible searcher. Lol. He checked the back and walks past the counter and doesn’t seem him?!
- THE TRIO IS BACK!!!
- “I like it. Rhymes with sexy.” – Audrey
- “Not running a charity here.” – Duke
- “Yeah, it’s a medical term.” – Gloria
- “All you buddy.” – Duke
- “Later Tater.” – Duke
- “Vince, do you realize what I’ve been through? Those people lied to me, used me, and I fell in love with Nathan. All I want is for this madness to end.” – Jordan
- Nathan: “I heard Jennifer went to pick up her stuff.”
Duke: “Well, I guess.”
Nathan: “What’s up with you and her?”
Duke: “What’s up with you asking?”
Nathan: “I just, I remember what you said that day outside the barn about Audrey.”
Duke: “I was kind of hoping you’d forget about that.”
Nathan: “You said you loved her, Duke. You said you loved Audrey.”
Duke: *sigh* “Yeah.”
Nathan: “It’s okay. Just want to make sure you keep an eye on Lexie when I’m gone.
Duke: *sighs* “Nathan, listen…”
Nathan: “Hey, Audrey’s gone. We both lost her. Whoever she is now, I just want to know you’ll take care of her. I’m gonna end the troubles, Duke.
Duke: “I know you will.”
- Nathan: “You call Tatum “Tater”?
Audrey: “Krebs said that he had to count to 1,000 when the robber escaped so that would be like, what? 15 minutes, that he was supposed to sit there just motionless, all right? That, that’s the kind of thing that starts a trouble, right? He’s setting a 15-minute time clock on people that leaves them motionless when it ends.”
Nathan: “That’s the kind of thing that causes a trouble?”
Audrey: “Yeah. It’s always been me, Nathan. Yeah.”
Nathan: “Why didn’t you tell me?”
Audrey: “Because, people wanted me to shoot you if I was Audrey.”
Nathan: “Yeah, but when we were alone.”
Audrey: “You, wanted me to shoot you.”
- Nathan: “I don’t want you to keep me alive. I want to end the troubles. You should want that too.”
Duke: “You’re right. I should. Pisses me off that I don’t.”
- Nathan: “Audrey. We can end the troubles forever, right now.”
Audrey: “I know what Agent Howard said, all right? But we’ve spent our lives doing impossible things. Now we just have to do another. I’m not ending the troubles by killing you.”
- Nathan: “That was great. It’s like a phone company commercial in Haven.”
Audrey: “Yeah. Reach out and unfreeze someone.” *laughs* “Sorry.”
Nathan: “See, that’s the kind of terrible joke that I missed, Parker.”
Audrey: “Yeah, well I know my audience.”
Nathan: “I’m glad you’re back.”
Audrey: “Why are you glad to have me back?”
Nathan: “What do you mean?”
Nathan: “Are you mad at me?”
Nathan: “You’re mad at me. You told Paul to be honest and you’re lying to me? You’ve been lying to me.”
Audrey: “Because I made a decision to go into the Barn and end the troubles, Nathan. And then you shot Agent Howard. You screwed it all up.”
Nathan: “Audrey, I couldn’t let you go.”
Audrey: “Right. Exactly. And now I have to be the one to kill you. I have to let you go. And I won’t do it.”
Nathan: “I’m sorry, I … I made a deal with the Guard.”
Audrey: “They’re not gonna find out who I am. This will never be their decision.”
Nathan: “Okay, but I thought maybe it was mine.”
Audrey: “Well, you’re wrong, Nathan. Because…I love you. So that makes this my decision.”
- Vince: “Some couples are never meant to be.”
Jordan: “And some couples are.”