I think it’s only right that kudos go out to Nick Parker on his very 1st Haven episode to air!!! Despite the fact that you changed things up, it still felt like we were in Haven.
As we get closer and closer to the end of the season, it looks like the episodes are going to focus on the mythology. The revelation in this episode: Jennifer is Hermione. Oh and
“In times of great evil, the child of ruin must find the heart of Haven and summon the door.” Wow.
Danny Masterson and Kris Lemche guest starred in what is not only Nick’s 1st episode but also Haven’s 50th episode overall. Woohoo!!! Kudos to the cast and crew of Haven. Quite an accomplishment. We threw our own celebration and gave away a Haven mug to winner @ccsmith89 (Congrats again!). This Darkside Seekers episode reminded me of the Ghostfacers of Supernatural and I loved it. 🙂 This episode had a little everything and it was fun to watch.
I’m keeping this short because I’m working on plans for a Haven Season Finale Party. Since the 50th ep contest went so well, I figured why not. It’s being planned for the hour before the east coast airing of the finale and I want all of my online Havenites to be a part of the fun. More information to come but we’re doing a menu, contests, giveaways and prizes. Exciting! Till then, here are my random thoughts and quotes.
Per usual you can find a better review over at Syfy Haven, just click here.
And remember it’s a two-week mini-hiatus. Hang in there. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!
- Gloria is my shero. No exaggeration. I <3 her. Someone point me in the direction of her fanclub. I want to run for an office. Jayne Eastwood if you ever see this post, know that I am a new fan!
- Seth said what we all think – how many gas leaks before changing the pipes?!
- Vince’s panic at seeing Audrey in the hospital….relax man. lol.
- Don’t you love how at first it was all “Kill Nathan” and now it’s “Help! Nathan!”
- Dave and Vince really need to step up their security. The Seekers were able to hack in? With the things they know, even the CIA shouldn’t be able to hack in.
- That short goodbye scene at the hospital between Nathan and Audrey was sweet. It’s the small things. You have to take what you get.
- I’m a little tired of the secrets. So Vince can know but Nathan and Duke cannot? Audrey, you have to talk through this with Nathan. Nathan you have to talk to Audrey about your insecurities. That’s what being in a relationship is about. :p
- Vince says that him and Dave know nothing….and I believe them. This is a whole new ballgame afterall.
- That Duke/Nathan scene was everything! My favorite part of this episode to be honest.
- Watching Nathan do his best to be reassuring is cute.
- Sometimes I have to wonder who’s the chief – Nathan or Dwight with the way Nathan tells Dwight what to do and Dwight listens
- Nick Parker you had my heart in my throat with that image of Stan on the ground like that! One of these days y’all are going to be for real and not fake us out and we will all be a mess when that happens.
- Gotta say I was happy that this episode didn’t have Audrey comatose the whole time. I was half expecting it though.
- Different type of episode but I enjoyed it. 🙂
- LOVE the matching leather jackets for Nathan and Audrey. <3
- When Nathan is in investigative mode, he can still be pushy.
- Props to the writers for bringing the book back into play. Fans have been waiting since the 1st episode for answers about this book, “Unstake my Heart.”
- More props for the callback to “The Tides That Bind” and the mermen
- So Audrey was gonna use her gun to help get the book forgetting that Dwight was unconscious in the room. Yikes! That would have really sucked for Dwight.
- Now we have a glowing Guard symbol only Jennifer can see….say what!
- “This is a new shirt, so that sucks.” – Seth
- “Or–This is my personal favorite–a gas leak. I mean, a gas leak? I mean, what? How many gas leaks does a small fishing village need to have before they get new pipes? Is something a man might wonder.”
- Well, it’d be a cute rental if it wasn’t totally wrecked.” – Gloria
- “Don’t be shushing me, silverback.” – Gloria
- “What about the stuff she was saying to officer Bigfoot about Troubles? What are the Troubles.” – Anderson
- “Help Nathan. He’s torn up about Audrey, and I just–I think he’s gonna need someone backing him up…even if I’m not as cute as his regular partner.” – Duke
- “Look, if hurting him is gonna hurt Audrey, that is gonna make him very hard to deal with.” – Duke
- Vince: “It’s a Trouble.”
Duke: “When isn’t it.”
- “Please. Do it for me.” – Audrey
- “I don’t want to believe it either, but there’s a part of me that…thinks he might be telling the truth.”
- Duke: “Calm down. Okay? Look, I don’t think anybody’s gonna have to get arrested because that camera looks broken to me.”
Anderson: Oh, you playing bad cop today, ponytail?
Seth: Just keep rolling. He can’t arrest us.
Anderson: Yeah, I know he can’t arrest us, which is why I’m gonna keep exercising my first amendment right of free speech and ask you, Mr. Ponytail, don’t you feel like grunge died in the 90’s?”
Duke: “Really? I’m trying to be nice to you.”
Anderson: *mockingly* “I’m just trying to be nice to you.”
Duke: “Okay, I’m gonna kick his ass now.”
- “So this Arugala…” – Gloria
- Gloria: “That’s your job, Detective. I just figure out the what. The why–that’s up to you and, uh, your honorary deputy over there.”
Duke: “I actually prefer consulting detective.”
- “I wasn’t going to do anything.” – Duke
- Nathan: “Dwight, calm down.”
Dwight: “Okay, I’m good.”
- “As far as I can tell, everyone, younger than me can do that.” – Dwight
- Duke: “How’s she doing?”
Nathan: Still in surgery. She’s through the rough patch.”
Duke: “How are you doing?”
Nathan: *scoffs* “Right. Fine. Look I just…I don’t know. Today it’s a phantom bullet. Before that, she was stuck in an alternate reality. Every day I wake up, I think, ‘Today is gonna be the day that I’m gonna lose her.'”
Duke: “But you haven’t lost her. Look, Nathan, she is tough as nails. More importantly, she has us. She has you to protect her.”
Nathan: “That’s just it. I don’t know if I know how to protect her anymore.”
Duke: “What are you talking about?”
Nathan: “I–William. Her and William. How can I protect her against that? How can I compete with that?”
Duke: “Hey, let me explain something to you. In case you’ve forgotten, she went into that Barn. She sacrificed herself for the one person that she loved most in this world. Yeah. That’s you, buddy.”
Nathan: “William–He knows everything about her. They have this connection.
Duke: “He doesn’t know Audrey. You know Audrey.”
- “Would you stop saying my name and just help me?” – Duke
- “You’re only coming if you can keep it together.” – Nathan
- “If anything happens to her, I’m gonna kill somebody.” – Duke
- “I guess, I’m gonna have to wake him up long enough to beat some answers out of him.” – Duke
- “I was just digging through some files like you asked me, and then all of a sudden, it’s like I knew something was coming for me, like that ‘eerie eyes watching you from behind’ feeling. And there it was outside like it was sniffing me out.” – Jennifer
- Dwight: “Guys?”
Nathan: “No guns.”
Nathan: “It’s alright.”
- “Whatever it is, its giving off the exact opposite reading.” – Seth
- Jennifer: “Are you serious? First some monster wants to eat my heart out and now I’m some kind of paranormal phenomenon?”
Audrey: “Jennifer, where’d you get that book?”
Jennifer: “This was just in a box of old junk that my birth parents left behind.”
Audrey: “No, that’s not junk.”
Jennifer: “Seriously, I’ve read this, and it makes Twilight look like Faulkner.”
Audrey: No, I-I gave that to Agent Howard before I came to Haven. If you found that at your birth parents’ house, that means…”
Duke: “Wait, he must have wanted her to find it.”
Audrey: “That’s not just some cheesy paperback. It’s something more.”
- “I don’t want the magic beeping book. You should keep it.” – Jennifer
- “So it’s me and the book together. That’s just perfect.” – Jennifer
- “Can we please talk a little quieter? – Anderson
- “Okay, let’s not make a big deal out of this, Detective. I don’t think I’m quite ready to start being praised by the men in black.” – Seth
- “Oh, come on, you don’t really believe in that stuff, do you?” – Seth
- Seth: “Well, even though you and your brother are sloppy, you’re uncreative, you have utterly laughable passwords, what you do for this town is really important. What all of you do is. These people–they didn’t ask to be, you know…”
Seth: “Exactly. They just are, and turning a group of innocent people into a sideshow attraction, it’s not exactly why I set out on this search. I found out the truth. That’s enough.”
- “How do you feel about dating Hermione.” – Jennifer
- “In times of great evil, the child of ruin must find the heart of Haven and summon the door.”