Hiatus is over and we are back in Haven but everything is not how we knew it to be. I wasn’t lucky enough to watch the premiere live last week but I did see last night’s episode live and there is something about watching the episode with other fans and the cast and crew live-tweeting. Especially when you combine it with using Syfy Sync, it makes it a fun experience. You can read a great recap and review over at Syfy Haven.
I’m trying to decide if I stick with Haven or to free up my friday evenings. I know what you’re thinking. “Aimee, you’re jumping the gun. We’re only 2 episodes into the season!” You’re right but just because you watch a show for a number of seasons does not guarantee that you will keep watching. I have shows that I have stopped watching because I feel they have jumped the shark or changed enough that it is not the same show I fell in love with. It happens and over the hiatus, a number of the interviews and articles kept emphasizing that this was not going to be the same Haven fans knew. So I was scared that I would have to retire Haven from my iTunes Season Pass List.
Granted, I know shows have to change, grow, and adapt over time or we would get bored but not all shows handle that growth well. We went through a very similar thing before Haven season 3 aired and people were talking about aliens, being on a clock and fans were afraid Haven had jumped the shark. Lucky for us, that was not the case at all. Yes, the first half of the season was a little challenging to watch because of what was happening between the main characters. BUT, it was necessary, believable, and in the end made the story and relationships stronger. In my opinion the second half of the season was the stronger half but I think that is only because the first half set everything up for us.
I think that is what is going on this season. Already we can tell that this is not the same Haven we are used to but there is enough of our Haven present to be recognizable.
So short answer: DEFINITELY TO HAVEN!! (Did you really see this going differently?!)
*POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD!!!*
When season 3 ended, Duke jumped into the exploding barn to save Audrey at Nathan’s insistence, leaving a bleeding Nathan behind and the Troubles still present.
We pick up 6 months later with Duke and the audience can immediately relate to Duke because like him, we have no idea what is going on. Quick summary of how things are:
- Dwight is chief! – Believable and appropriate. I always thought he belonged on the Haven PD officially since he cleaned up after them so often. Adam Copeland has grown as an actor and you can see it this season. What is interesting is his relationship with Nathan. I always thought if it as a brotherly one, but this season it seems a little strained but maybe that’s just me. Either way, more Dwight is a win!
- The Guard and the Teagues – This is going to be interesting because the Guard is such a mystery to us except that they help the Troubled and Vince is their leader. SO what about Dave? How does he fit into it all? And WHAT is Vince’s trouble?
- Jordan – Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Boy she is M.A.D. And really who can blame her? Nathan played her and then botched the only way she could get a reprieve from her trouble. Wouldn’t you be mad? I am ecstatic that Kate Kelton is back. Haven has a tendency to take away guest stars we enjoy. Last season she played Jordan amazingly and so far she is doing it all over again as a woman on a mission. She wants Nathan dead preferably by Audrey’s hand to end the troubles. But if Audrey refuses, I think it is safe to say she’ll probably take matters into her own hands.
- Jennifer, Wade, William – I <3 Jennifer. Emma Lahana is well cast and has fit in from the beginning. Already she is making a big impact in Haven by sharing what James told Audrey about stopping the troubles. Her relationship with Duke is also something that is fun to watch. Eric Balfour and Emma play well off each other and we’ll see how that plays into the story.
As for Wade (played by Christian Camargo) the jury is still out. To be fair, we have only seen a glimpse of the character so time will tell. What I know so far is that he is so different from Duke. I need to see more of Wade’s interaction with Duke and the town before I can make a call. I would also like to see how he get’s along with Nathan.
William, William, William. Who Are You? You seem to know so much (as do Sinister and Heavy [the thugs at the bar]) and I don’t understand why? Are you a part of the Guard? Is there another group to factor in? Are you the new Howard? Are you Audrey’s true love? I can’t wait to see how you play into everything.
- Duke – The more and more we see of Duke, the more and more I love his character. He may be a trouble maker but he is a big softie inside. He’s naturally protective of Jennifer (who saved him) but now we’re seeing a very different relationship between Nathan and Duke. Don’t get me wrong, there is still an antagonistic nature to it but it has less bite. Duke seems to be more open about being Nathan’s friend and being there for him. It is such a welcome change from the 1st half of season 3. I love their bromance. They bring out the best in each other. One thing that has not changed, Eric Balfour delivers one liners like no other. Seriously, I live for them.
- Nathan – Wow. Nathan went from having friends to having no one and when we first seem him in season 4 my heart goes out to him. I do not think it is a stretch for him to believe that he is Audrey’s true love. Audrey and Nathan have always had some kind of connection between them. And did you see how thrilled he was to see Duke? That was not an “Oh good you’re back so the love of my life must be too” look. Let’s not belittle his feelings like that. He was genuinely happy to see Duke alive. The thing that I am enjoying most though is how much he has “become” Audrey. The way he handles the Troubled is exactly how Audrey would handle it to the point of taking a chance and confronting them alone. Lucas Bryant plays guilt like no other. I’m feeling his pain as I watch him on screen. We will get clean cut, police detective Nathan (hair & all) back in episode 3. I really do not think he’ll be able to convince Audrey to kill him but I am curious to see how he tries to explain it to her. The problem is Audrey is not here, we have…
- Lexie – Audrey has come back as Lexie and she is no Audrey. So what does this mean? When she was Lucy, people believed she needed to kill James. As Audrey, you would think that Nathan (or Duke for those who think that) needed to be killed. Now we have Lexie and she has no love. That’s a problem I’d say. I’ve said it before (in a review of Sarah that’s been lost) and I’ll say it again. Emily Rose is a talented actress. Unlike Tatiana Maslany who plays entirely different characters who are clones, Emily plays one character who changes personalities. When she is Sarah or Lucy or even now as Lexie, you still see Audrey within. I like Lexie but I do miss Audrey. I enjoyed that personality and I hope we see more than just a glimpse of it in the upcoming episodes. And I hope she is reunited with Nathan and Duke soon because I miss that dynamic. 🙁
Can you imagine trying to explain Haven if Audrey never returned? “The 1st three seasons the show is about Audrey Parker….After that it is about Lexie DeWitt…But Audrey and Lexie are the same person.” Actually, I’m not a fan of that explanation. So writers, please bring her back to Haven soon!
I’ve taken enough of your time for now. If you’ve made it all the way through, KUDOS! 🙂 It is appreciated. Till the next episode of Haven.
Side note: I’m excited because my sis, Gina J. is going to marathon Haven with me starting next week! We’re going to relive the excitement. Might even do some special posts since I’ll have her fresh, newbie perspective. Let me know if you want to hear about anything particular. Maybe a podcast….Hmmmm.
Terrific article! That is the type of information that are meant to
be shared across the web. Disgrace on Google for not positioning this post upper!
Come on over and discuss with my site . Thank you =)
Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
Extremely helpful info specifically the last part 🙂 I care for such information a lot.
I was seeking this certain info for a very long time.
Thank you and best of luck.
Remarkable! Its genuinely remarkable paragraph,
I have got much clear idea on the topic of
from this post.
Hi there Dear, are you really visiting this web page on a regular basis, if so then you will absolutely get good knowledge.
Good info. Lucky me I ran across your blog
by accident (stumbleupon). I have book-marked it for later!
Hello! I’ve been reading your site for a while now and finally
got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Huffman Texas!
Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic work!
Greetings! Quick question that’s totally off topic.
Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
My web site looks weird when browsing from my iphone4.
I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to resolve this problem.
If you have any suggestions, please share. Thanks!
tadalafil 20mg – generic tadalafil viagra vs tadalafil
I am in fact happy to glance at this web site posts which carries
lots of helpful facts, thanks for providing these data.
generic drugs without doctor’s prescription generic pills for ed
drugs without doctor script
Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read
more of your useful info. Thanks for the post.
I’ll definitely return. games ps4 allenferguson games ps4
It’s very simple to find out any topic on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this paragraph at this site.
games ps4 185413490784 games ps4
First off I want to say great blog! I had a quick question that I’d like to ask if
you don’t mind. I was interested to know how you center
yourself and clear your thoughts before writing.
I have had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting
my ideas out there. I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like
the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints?
Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted
to mention that I’ve really loved browsing your weblog posts.
After all I will be subscribing on your rss feed and I’m hoping you write again soon!
Hello There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn. This is an extremely smartly
written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your helpful info.
Thank you for the post. I will definitely return.
I like it when people come together and share thoughts.
Great site, stick with it!
Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well
written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your
useful information. Thanks for the post.
I will certainly comeback.
Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of
hard work due to no backup. Do you have any solutions to prevent
http://gabapentinst.com/# neurontin tablets no script
continuously i used to read smaller content that as well clear their motive,
and that is also happening with this article which I am
reading at this time. 0mniartist asmr
Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article.
I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your
useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly
return. 0mniartist asmr
Hi I am so happy I found your blog page, I really found you by accident, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Regardless I am here
now and would just like to say kudos for a remarkable post and a
all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design),
I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more,
Please do keep up the excellent job. 0mniartist asmr
Really clear website, appreciate it for this post.
Its superb as your other content :D, appreciate it for putting up.
Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs
This was awesome! I would like you to clean up all this spam though
Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I?m gonna watch out for brussels. I?ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
Quality articles is the secret to interest the people to pay a visit the web page, that’s what this website is providing.
how to buy cialis online from canada – buy cialis online best price cialis 20 mg cost
Does your website have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but, I’d like to send you an email. I’ve got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.
Hello everybody, here every one is sharing these know-how, so it’s pleasant to read this weblog, and I used to go to see this web site every day.
This was awesome! I would like you to clean up all this spam though
What’s up all, here every person is sharing such knowledge, so it’s fastidious to read this website, and I used to visit this webpage all the time.
This was awesome! I would like you to clean up all this spam though
Lovely just what I was looking for. Thanks to the author for taking his time on this one.
ed treatment pills mens erection pills – herbal ed treatment
homemade antibiotic buy antibiotic – amoxicillin over the counter in canada
Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to present something again and aid others like you helped me.
buy amoxicillin online with paypal buy amoxicillin – amoxicillin over counter
Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to provide something back and aid others such as you aided me.
Very clean website, appreciate it for this post.
Thanks for another great article. Where else may anyone get that type of information in such a perfect way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.
viagra without a doctor prescription usa – viagra buy real viagra online
best over the counter viagra – viagra from canada viagra discount
Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
buy lisinopril lisinopril for sale – prinivil medication
Real clean website, regards for this post.
https://ivermectinstr.com/# ivermectin gel
Really clear site, thank you for this post.
Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good success. If you know of any please share. Thanks!
cialis online daily monthly cost of cialis without insurance – cialis soft tablet
cipro pharmacy cipro for sale – п»їcipro generic
furosemide 100 mg lasix water pills for sale – lasix pills
Incredible points. Great arguments. Keep up the great spirit.
plaquenil cheap hydroxychloroquine sulfate 800 mg – hydroxychloroquine buy online uk
cialis (lillys) cialis ingredients hvtsgeahdWashyBtjreitac CialisCND20Mg – cheap generic cialis hvtsgeahdSlariBtjAbotsq
I’ve read several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you place to make the sort of wonderful informative web site.
viagra generic over the counter sildenafil citrate (generic viagra) ViagraCND100Mg – generic viagra from india
buy cheap amoxicillin order amoxil – amoxicillin 250 mg price in india
stromectol for sale ivermectin 12 mg tablets for sale – ivermectin lice
hey there and thank you for your information ? I?ve definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the website a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I?m adding this RSS to my email and can look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..
I pay a quick visit every day a few blogs and sites to read content, except this blog provides quality based content.
I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this info for my mission.
This web site is my aspiration, very excellent pattern and Perfect subject matter.
tadalafil without a doctor’s prescription ed meds online without doctor prescription – best ed pill
Its good as your other articles :D, regards for posting.
п»їviagra pills viagra over the counter walmart – best place to buy generic viagra online